Nous sommes actuellement le 21 Fév 2019, 20:26

Les heures sont au format UTC

[ 1 message ] 
Auteur Message
  Sujet du message: in the ninth.
Message Publié: 19 Jan 2019, 01:34 

DUNEDIN, Fla. -- Ricky Romero is headed back to the minors. One day after being shelled by the Detroit Tigers, the former Opening Day starter and fellow pitcher Marcus Stroman were sent to the Blue Jays minor league camp. Toronto manager John Gibbons said both pitchers needed more work. Gibbons tried to soften the blow for Romero, saying the 29-year-old left-hander had pitched well earlier in the spring and was moving in the right direction after two troubled seasons. "We really like what he did this camp," Gibbons told reporters Wednesday prior to a Grapefruit League game against the Philadelphia Phillies. "Just go down there and polish it up." Stroman, a 2012 first-round draft choice who pitched in Class-AA last season, managed just one out in Tuesdays 18-4 loss to the Detroit Tigers. The 22-year-old right-hander gave up seven runs on six hits. "He was kind of the odd man out," said Gibbons. "He had trouble throwing strikes (Tuesday). Hes got to do that." Romero, who is due to make US$7.75 million this season, walked five and threw two wild pitches in 2 2/3 innings. Unofficially he threw 57 pitches, 23 for strikes. Gibbons said Romero needs to do "whatever it takes" to throw strikes. He was an all-star in 2011 when he went 15-11 with a 2.92 earned-run average. In 2012, he slumped to 9-14 with a 5.77 ERA and things got worse in 2013, when he saw action in just four games in the majors with an 0-2 record and 11.05 ERA. He spent most of last season in the minors where he went 5-8 with 5.52 ERA. "Its a long road. You never know if a guys going to make it back from that or not," said Gibbons. "But he was starting to show the signs of it. (Tuesday) he wasnt as good and it just kind of reaffirmed, Hey start him down there, but hes moving in the right direction." Romero had been a feel-good story earlier in spring training. Gibbons called him "the big talk of camp" last week after giving up one run in seven innings for an ERA of 1.29 in three appearances. But Romero fell back to earth Tuesday in Lakeland. He gave up three runs on three hits with five walks, a hit batsman and two wild pitches. "Weve taken too many steps forward to dwell on this," Romero said philosophically afterwards. Somewhat bizarrely, he referred to a "weird weather day" in noting "the balls were a little slick and just kept coming out of my hand." It was a sunny 20-degree day at Joker Marchant Stadium. Romero has been positive this spring, making an effort to stay in the moment rather than labour in the past or worry about the future. A lot of people have been rooting for him to succeed, including his manager. "We feel for the guy," said Gibbons. "Its not just looking at results. As much work as the kids putting in, things like that -- the battles hes going through, mentally -- you root for him. You root for him extra hard. "But were encouraged. Were positive after this camp. He may look at it differently but we feel positive with what he accomplished this spring." Romero had left the clubhouse by the time the announcement was made. Gibbons said the pitcher was disappointed at the news. "And rightfully so. I cant blame him for that, but hopefully he feels good about how this spring went." Despite the positive signs, Gibbons said he always saw Romero as having an outside shot at making the team. "Personally I thought regardless of the camp he had, it would probably do him some good to start down in the minor leagues in real competition where things are different," he said. "Just to make sure hes back to where he needs to be. "Because you dont want him to come up and if hes not ready to start the season, backslides and he may never regroup. So that was kind of my thinking. But that wasnt everybodys opinion. If he proved he was ready in spring training, he might have been the guy." NOTES -- Gibbons said closer Casey Janssen felt "great" after a throwing on the mound Tuesday and will go again Friday. Hes slated to make three or four appearances before the season starts March 31 in Tampa. Janssen has been limited in action to protect against shoulder soreness. Kyle Rudolph Jersey . Fans holding laudatory signs started showing up at Yankee Stadium when the gates opened at 4 p.m. Monday, an hour early in order to give them a chance to watch the New York captain take batting practice. Everson Griffen Jersey . Freddie Roach said if the Rios fight "does not go well, we will seriously talk about his retirement," but that Pacquiao was training as well as ever for the Nov. http://www.officialminnesotavikingsfootball.com/authentic-chuck-foreman-jersey-womens . Mars announced Saturday that the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers will join him as part of his halftime show. Super Bowl halftime performers often have collaborators. Custom Minnesota Vikings Jerseys .Y. - Referee Ed Hochuli referred to replay official Tom Sifferman by his nickname Jungle Boy, which was heard on the in-stadium microphone during the Arizona Cardinals-Carolina Panthers NFC wild-card game Saturday. Trevor Siemian Jersey . Completely. Two days after releasing Peyton Manning, the longtime face of the franchise, the Colts announced they were cutting four fan favourites: running back Joseph Addai, linebacker Gary Brackett, safety Melvin Bullitt and tight end Dallas Clark.LOS ANGELES -- Carlos Ruiz capped his most productive series of the season so far with another clutch hit, and made a key defensive play at the plate to help the Philadelphia Phillies win a series from the Los Angeles Dodgers. Ruiz stroked a tiebreaking two-run double off Brian Wilson in the ninth inning, Marlon Byrd drove in four runs and the Phillies won 7-3 on Thursday night to take three of four from the defending NL West champions. Adrian Gonzalez -- whose fielding error in the fifth led to two runs -- tied the game 3-all in the seventh with a first-pitch homer to centre off Mike Adams, his former Padres teammate. But Philadelphia came back with four in the ninth. "I was basically trying to throw a backdoor cutter and it kind of ran back over the plate," Adams said. "Knowing Adrian from playing with him for many years, I knew he was going to be aggressive with the first pitch. I just missed my spot, and he did what he does." Ruiz regained the lead for the Phillies when he lined a 3-2 delivery down the right field line with one out after singles by Cody Asche and Ben Revere. Byrd greeted Jamey Wright with a bases-loaded two-run single after Wilson (0-2) intentionally walked Chase Utley and hit Ryan Howard with a pitch. Adams (1-0), making his third appearance after undergoing shoulder surgery last July 31 and missing the first two weeks of the season, pitched two innings for the victory despite allowing Gonzalezs homer. "Its been a while since I went two innings," Adams said. "When I came in after the seventh, they asked me if I could stretch it out and go back out for one more. So I said: Lets give it a try and see how it goes." Both managers lost replay challenges. The Dodgers were trailing 3-2 in the fifth when Asche, the Phillies third baseman, fielded Yasiel Puigs grounder behind the bag and threw home, where Ruiz tagged out Hanley Ramirez as he came in standing up without a collision. "That was a big play," Ruiz said. "It was a good throw. I was lucky because those plays happen so fast, you dont have time to think, but I got the ball early. I was on the side of home plate a little bit and he had room to slide, but he didnt and we got the out. I was stilll a little worried it would get changed because now with the replay, you never know.dddddddddddd" Dodgers manager Don Mattingly requested a review from umpire Mike DiMuro based on the new rule pertaining to home plate collisions. It took several minutes but the call was upheld. "Before the ball is thrown, you cant set up where the runner doesnt have anywhere to slide, the way we understand it. Thats what we see on video," Mattingly said. "We felt like it didnt have a place to slide." Ryne Sandberg challenged a call by first base ump Hunter Wendelstedt in the Dodgers sixth. Juan Uribe was initially ruled safe on a grounder to shortstop Freddy Galvis. After a review of several minutes -- and a few choruses of "If It Takes Forever" by stadium organist Nancy Bea Hefley -- the call stood. Kyle Kendrick pitched 5 2-3 innings and allowed two runs and 10 hits, including a two-run homer by Uribe. The right-hander remained 0-7 in his last 12 starts. Dodgers right-hander Dan Haren was charged with three runs -- one earned -- and seven hits in six innings while striking out seven. Kendrick, who gave up a two-out single in each of the first three innings, yielded Uribes two-out homer to left field after a leadoff double by Gonzalez. But the Phillies capitalized on Gonzalezs second error of the season to grab a 3-2 lead. The three-time Gold Glove winner botched a one-out grounder by Utley with runners at the corners, as Revere scored the Phillies first run. Utley was credited with an RBI, and Byrd drove in two more with a double just out of the reach of a diving Puig in right-centre. Gonzalezs error was the Dodgers 23rd in 23 games. NOTES: The Phillies entered Thursday with a bullpen ERA of 5.64, the worst in the majors. ... Ruiz was 7 for 14 in the four-game series with a home run, four walks and his first six RBIs of the season. ... Byrd had two doubles in three at-bats against Haren, and is 12 for 24 for his career against him. ... Dodgers pitchers have given up 14 unearned runs. ... Jimmy Rollins, 5 for 21 against Haren, got the night off and Galvis started at SS for the first time since Sept. 7 of last season. ... Puig was 0 for 3 against Kendrick, after coming in 5 for 6 against him with a double and a triple. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Les heures sont au format UTC